Thursday 18 October 2018

I hold my sons hand, and always will.

Facebook.com/AutismFromADadsEyeView

When I'm out with Aiden, I hold his hand. 
Because I love him. He's my son. 
But also as a safety measure, as he has been known to drop and roll at any time. 
It also makes him feel safe. He likes holding my hand. We can let each other know which direction we are going by turning our hands. Steer left to go left, right to right. 
It gives him the information as to where we are going. It helps him remain calm. It is another form of non-verbal communication we have together.

He is 9 now, and he is growing older day by day. But the need to hold his hand will remain. 
I have absolutely zero problem with this. I will hold his hand even when he finally grows taller than me (he will) 
I will be there for him. We will walk side by side. Hand in hand. Father and son. For as long as he needs me too.

And if any foolish person should ever dare to stare or say something very regretful. 
I should also mention I am a competition winning axe thrower ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ–• 
Just saying ๐Ÿคจ 


No comments:

Post a Comment